CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 7 June 2012

Stints and Splints

On Thursday May 31 Noah and I packed up and started our stint Stollery Childrens Hospital.
 Kevin dropped us off at 550am and by 630 Noah was in preadmin, suited up and ready to go...
 We were brought into the back of pediatric surgery, where I suited up, Noah did not care for my new hat...I really did not think much of it either, I wanted a hat like the surgeons,but, I had no choice, and was stuck with my semi sheer shower cap.  Noah and I went back to the surgical suite...where they quickly got him to sleep.
 After four hours..I saw my little peanut again...he was still very groggy and out of it.  They brought Noah up early to me, so he would not realize I was not there.
 Little did I know this was the beginning of living on morphine time...Noah was in so much pain..it was really hard to see my guy hurting so much. 
 Noah did not sleep much for the first two days after surgery.  In the pic below,the blue splint is what he is currently wearing on both arms, to keep his hands and other objects out of his mouth.
 Noah was visited by Gus, the biggest English bull dog I have ever seen.  We are having a moment of happiness...the morphine has just kicked in.

On Saturday morning we headed home.  This past week has been full of pain and exhaustion for Noah.  I was told by another mom(thanks Joyann) that the first 2 to 4 weeks of recovery are pretty rough.  Today, Noah seems to be either having a really good day, or on the up and up..hence why I have the time to type right now.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.

2 comments:

Bonnie, Jim, Ainsley and Sofie said...

Thinking of you guys!!!!

The Drinkwaters said...

Really hoping that the recovery period is going by quickly and Noah is getting back to his normal self!

Post a Comment