CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 17 January 2013

Adoption "wrecked" me

We have officially been home ten months with our dear little Noah. I knew things would change when we brought Noah home, every family changes with a new addition. However, I did not know the extent that adopting would change me as a human being. I did not know that adoption would wreck me. "wrecked-ruined, devastated, undone. my live forever changed, and there is no returning to how life used to be. My paradims have shifted. My worldview has been infected with a contagion that has spread to every facet of my life. I cannot go back to who I was"1 before this adoption journey. Kevin and I did not save Noah, only God can do the saving. I do know however, that as great as an orphanage can be(or not be) a child is never given the attention, love, nutrition and care needed to thrive. Families are where children thrive, and our sweet Noah is such an example of that. Not because we are perfect family, no, but because we are a quirky, make tons of mistakes, full of love kind of family. So, if God can take me, if God can take Kevin and God can take our family to change the outcome of a life, than do we just stop at that...go...good enough we have done our job.....NO God has plans for us...and how I wish I knew exactly what they were... the orphans...to see the faces...to know we can do more....it hurts. I am so glad I am wrecked...that my thoughts have been changed, my views shifted. To have compassion is to suffer with. To hurt with orphans is a place to start. A place for change, and place for action....Love is an action. James 1:27Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
1 from the book wrecked by Jeff Goins

1 comments:

Paige said...

It does tend to do that... you can never look back.

Post a Comment