CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 26 January 2013

that blankety, blank, blanken line!!!

When I was in high school, my favourite type of test was long answer.  Sure, a laxy daisy student such as I was could pull off an answer, even without studying.  If, I generally knew the answer, I could try and fit it in the paragraph.
My second favourite type of test was multiple choice, I knew the answer was in there, if not by process of elimination, a guess, you still have  a 25% chance at getting it right.
Now, the fill in the blank, those, you knew or you did not know...NO WAY AROUND IT!!!



Filling out paperwork for our children is a part of life.  They are those fill in the blank questions, the ones we know inside and out.  Weight, height, colour of eyes, colour of hair, birthdate, and
birthplace. 

Kevin and I have been filling out more paperwork for Noah, and when it comes to the answers we can fill in some of them.   But, the sad reality is some of the lines are guesses and Noah's  birthplace is unknown to us.   I wish that it was not a one line answer.  I could say so much more.  Multiple choice would allow me to explain a little,  A) probably near where he was abandoned   B) Probably in a small village or farm  C)I wish I knew   D)  I will never know.   Long answer could give them a bit of background, they could hear his story. Dear Canadian Government,  My son is adopted.  He was born with a special need that his parents probably did not know what their son had.  His mom probably held him that one night, and grieved.  Knowing the next morning the only way her son would have any hope of getting help would be to abandon him.    So, we know where he was abandoned, but, not born.  Oh, by the way, he is an amazing little boy and we are crazy head over heels for him.
But, only fill in the blank exists on these forms, and our answer is UNKNOWN.  It makes me sad, for Noah.  Does one unkown answer change the outcome of his life.  NO, but, knowing the answer to where you are born is important.  Will it be ackward for Noah?  Perhaps, but, I pray for, hope for, his story can touch others.  I pray he knows of the unconditional love of his family, that he was not only chosen by us, but, more importantly by his Heavenly Father!!! who knew him before time began.

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.




   




ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

0 comments:

Post a Comment