CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 14 January 2013

Suprising things I learned from the flu!!!

(besides the fact, I should buy 4litres ice cream pails and not 2 Litre boxes)I seemed to have been struck twice with the flu this week(or food poisoning and the flu, I do not know)   Laying in bed completely quarantined from my family was fine at first.  The first day I slept, and slept.  But, by the end of the second day...I was craving...well, human touch.  Being a mother of five kids, a wife, a friend, I am in constant "touch" with other human beings.  A child sitting on my lap, a kiss goodnight, a hug from a friend, etc.  In my memory, I do not think I have been two whole days with little human contact or touch.
By last night, I was almost in tears, I just wanted to hold and kiss my family(but, held back, as I did not want to give them the flu)
my point.....we all know....WE NEED HUMAN TOUCH!!!!  I know Noah had limited touch his first year and a half, and it hurts, it hurts to know that this little human being was not touched nearly as much as he should have been.  One adult caring for five or more babies and toddlers, it is just not possible to fill a childs needs.
So, next time I see a person whom I somewhat know(do not worry mom, I am not going to strart hugging complete strangers) who seems to need a little human touch, I am going to step out of my comfort zone and try and give more than just a simple hello, but some human touch...maybe, it is something they needed more than one can ever know!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment