CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 25 May 2012

Under the bridge....

Well today we had pre-admin for Noah's surgery next Thursday...it went well..except for asking to be in the recovery room on Noah waking up.  I guess the nurses do not like parents in the room.  I did explain it is crucial for my attatchment with Noah, and by not allowing me to be with him when he wakes up, may set us back.  Noah, trusts me whole heartedly at home.  At home, it is mommy or bust...but away from home...it is daddy or bust.  The frequent wakings in the middle of the night, make me believe his is still has some insecure attatchment to us, which is not suprising, since he has been home only a little over two months.  I have to be with him at each waking, or he cries, which can be frequent before 10pm.  He also,  needs me(or Kevin) to be facing him when we sleep, or he climbs on us looking deep into our eyes. He also likes to sleep in my arms, which does not give me the best sleep, or him, as he is restless.  I know with time, and as he becomes more secure in his attatchment to us, that these things will subside.  Kevin and I have been very deliberate in our bonding with him...as my mom always says, I wish we knew 35 years ago what you know now.
Noah is loving and gives lots of affection...we will see how the hugging goes with arm splints on for three weeks.  The anesthesiologist commented that Noah is quite old for cleft palate surgery and will be an owly bear...I have no doubt, I would be too with a sore mouth, nothing but baby food, and arm splints to boot.

The name of the blog...I will let the video do the talking

 

4 comments:

Stacia said...

Awww. I loved hearing Noah's sweet little giggle. :)
He will do just fine for the surgery. Kids are SO resilient!

Paige said...

He is a very handsome fellow!

They never let us into the recovery room with our kids either. Their insecurities always come out at night, but it sounds like he is doing great with attachment and you know what he needs!

Anonymous said...

Under the bridge!! So cute, great giggles!
Melissa

The Drinkwaters said...

We were not allowed in the recovery room ever.It does break your heart. Are you allowed to take him back for the surgery?

Post a Comment