CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 21 February 2012

I will not lose the paperwork...I will not lose the paperwork

I heard the stories about those crazy parents who obsessed about not forgetting the paperwork, but, now I just get it.
Paperwork I have to bring-passport(of course)
5 copies of our passports
visas
5 copies of our visas
notice of travelling to china for adoption(no TA=no baby)
6 copies of our TA
permanent resident application part 2

Documents we get in China that we cannot lose
Noah's Chinese passport
adoption certificate
the adoption order
Noah's birth certificate
Noah's statement of abandonment
Permanent Resident status.

Here is the quote from travel notes-should I be laughing or crying "lose your passport-the hyper-friendly staff at the Canadian embassy will get you home. Lose your child's passport and he stays."
"Lose the adoption order or birth certificate and your child will never become a Canadian citizen. You'll be bringing alphabet books and noodle soup in the dim evenings to a church basement for the rest of your life."

aaarrrgghhh...I am sure that we will not lose any of these documents...but just the thought of not being able to bring your child home because you lose a piece of paper makes my stomach a little squeamish.

5 comments:

The Drinkwaters said...

We bought a zippered binder and plastic protector pages. This way everything was together in one spot.

We put the binder in our carry on luggage, and then the hotel safe afterwards. We use tabs to divide up all the different sections (ie. trip itinerary/citizenship/questions for the SWI/adoption paperwork).

You might want to include some lined paper and pens so you can jot down any notes or questions you may have when they come up.

Don't worry, it will be all ok!

Jessica said...

great idea. I have all the paperwork in a plastic book, but I think in a zippered binder would be better. my nerves feel a little frayed.

Katie said...

Defiantly organize the paper work before you leave and have it in your carry on. Some times you don't have a place to lay things out so being organized with tabs helps and take the time to put everything back for the next stop. Congrats!!

Bonnie, Jim, Ainsley and Sofie said...

I am not looking forward to this part!! I am getting stressed out just reading your post. Hang in there.......:)

Jessica said...

Thanks ladies, today I went to staples and bought a small file folder that completely closes, with tabs. My travel package is at the post office, so we are getting close to being done all of our "canadian" side of the paperwork :)

Post a Comment