CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 3 March 2012

We made it

A pic with kevin, myself and our rickshaw driver

Well, it has been a wonderful adventure so far. We arrived safely in Beijing on Friday march 2nd at around 5pm. Our guides have been absolutely wonderful. We flew in with two families, so it has been nice getting to know them. Today we went to Hutong and The Drum Tower. We also exchanged our American Money for the orphange fee.

chinese money makes you feel rich. Kevin walked out of the bank with a huge swack of cash. We were so thankful to a friend for getting new bills, as we did not have to worry about the bank not taking any do to the bills condition.

The second picture is in hutong, in someones courtyourd. This home would run for around 1.5 million dollars.
Kevin climbing the stairs to the belltower

Besides that we had hotpot, you cook meat and veggies in broth. It was delicious.

I was hoping to meet up with a friend today, but we both seem to have phone numbers we cannot use. I am hoping our guide can help me with that tomorrow. As this friend has been a wonderful support through the adoption journey. So hopefully we can meet up tomorrow.

Many people smoke here, my lungs and throat are burning. Glad I brought prescription meds, as I am not sure what is creeping up.
Good night everyone. off to bed.

1 comments:

Paige said...

I loved visiting the Hutong Village, it was probably my second favourite tour, other than the Great Wall. Enjoy every moment and say hi to Yulin for me!

Post a Comment